Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm missing my family!!!!











Hi everyone!




I was sitting there the other day feeling kinda sad because for the first time, we're all really, really spread out and I was feeling disconnected from everyone. It's very quiet in the house now with just the three of us and since everyone has very busy lives, I thought 'we need to connect again!'. So...I remembered the blog Kiely tried so hard to get everyone participating on.








So, I thought I'd try to get the ball rolling again since it really does seem the easiest way to get the news from everyone since they can just jot off a post when it's convient for them! Easy as pie!




As for Megan News....my first year teaching preschool has been very stressful as I've had to create my entire curriculum and make most everything since it's a LOT cheaper than buying one. The problem with that, of course, is that I always feel like I'm behind the 8-ball! The end of the year is almost here though, and next year should be MUCH easier (I hope!).




We just finished up our Spring Party (I originally called it an Easter party, but apparantly no one calls it that anymore...) and it was wild chaos. But, there's something timeless about watching children on an easter egg hunt in their spring clothes. They're so innocent and excited and it just feels hopeful and spring-like.




We also had the Easter Bunny and visit the classroom. It was like we'd been visited by a rockstar. We did have a typical preschool reception though. 90% of the children ran over to hug, chatter away at and wave at him while 2 children sat frozen on the carpet and 2 others ran over with fear to hold my hand. Of course, all fears were eased when they ate the candy the easter bunny brought!




Strawberries are offically out and I bought the first flat of the season. There's nothing like that first taste-warm from the sun and bursting on the tongue. Strawberry dip here we come!




Mom and have been having a movie marathon at night the last week. I'd gotten the sudden inclination to watch my Anne of Green Gables movie and, when I was telling her how much I'd enjoyed watching it and remembering while the books have always been favorites, she decided to watch. So, a couple of hours before bedtime we sit on her bed (the VCR in the family room is still broken. Why we keep it hooked up is a Smith family secret....) and watch a little bit of them every night. We've now started the second movie and mom was mad at Anne for not accepting Gilberts proposal so I had her watch the end so she could go to sleep. Now that she's seen them end up together, she can happily watch the rest of the movie.




And...for those in my family who are SCROOGES, yes! the Christmas decorations are finally down! Sheesh!

No comments: