Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter!

Easter was chaos and yet fairly quiet for us. Denise came with her children, minus Jordan and Scott and Shirley came on Sunday for dinner and what turned into hours of strong political 'discussion'. Being very much anti-arguement (I just can't stand being around conflict), I wandered around before finally settling down to watch old episodes of Jack's Place.
I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that show and how sad I was that it didn't last. Another casualty of a network that 're-worked' the show to make it more prime-time friendly and they ruined it so much that everyone stopped watching.
The easter bunny came Saturday night and hid a bushel of plastic eggs in the backyard, despite the threat of rain for the next day. I was woken, VERY early by children jumping up and down with excitement when they realized that NOT ONLY were baskets hidden in the house and filled with candy, but the easter bunny had left eggs outside AS WELL!
I have to admit that I love egg hunts. There's something so wonderfully magical and innocent about them and watching little guys running around in easter finery-or still in their jammies-and happy beyond beleif when they find an egg is just fun to watch.
The day ended with a great rain storm with some nice pounding rain-none of that misting stuff we'd had earlier in the week.
Monday I took the little kids to McDonalds playplace. I was hoping to go off times and avoid the crowds, but it was not to be. It was loud, noisy and...well, I remembered why I don't go to McDonalds more than once a year. The foods really not that great. The kids loved it though.
Later we all went to see How to Train you Dragon and I really liked it. I wasn't sure since it is rated PG (a children's animated movie should NOT be PG!), but it was actually a fun movie and I'll probably see it again.

3 comments:

JPK said...

Wow!!!! Excellent blog Megan! I may read it again!!!!! :) Way to keep it up! I'll maybe start this week too...

Denise and Mike said...

We had a great weekend, but my crazy kids were going stir crazy in the house. They are happy to be home, but miss noni and auntie megan. The movie was good.

Unknown said...

Now that we might actually get a landline internet connection tomoroow, I guess I don't have too many more excuses not to read up. Sounds like everyone had a nice Easter.
Easter here was camping on the beach with our friends and Autumn was out for a visit. Windy weather so only a little snorkeling for Conch to eat for dinner. But nice relaxing 4 day weekend on a hammock on the beach. I can't figure out how to actually pose so I guess I'll just comment on what comes out.

Yeah Mon!