Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to real life....

Easter vacation is now offically over by a week and it's back to real life. Getting up at the crack of dawn seems to get harder and harder as the year goes by. I think I have a sleep/bed addiction. I love knowing I don't HAVE to get up and being in that half asleep/half awake state. It really hurts having to get up when it's still dark outside. But, it pays the bills...
We had Garden/Bee's week at school and the kids really loved playing with the flowers and pretending to be bee's. The first couple of days back were pretty calm, but then Wed and Thurs came and they got WILD. All the teachers are complaining about the wildness-spring fever, I guess. We've started to have meetings about all the end of school activities and my stomach is starting to cramp thinking about all the things I need to get done outside of regular school planning.
One blessing we had was an idea for our Parent Appreciation Brunch. Every year the staff puts on a brunch and show for the parent volunteers. I really, really do not like getting up in front of adults and 'performing' and I'm not the only one. Several of the teachers were really struggling over what to do and we tried out several ideas that seemed to hurt the least. We settled on lip synching Bob Hope's 'thanks for the memories' with us holding up signs to add to the lyrics. When we came back from break we were talking about dreading going up and we threw out some new ideas. We finally got a blessing from God with an idea that worked and kept us from having to go up onstage. We're video taping the ECE kids and putting together a "kids say the darndest things' show. Yeah! We also volunteered to help coordinate the decorations (after a looonnng silence at the Staff meeting) so we're doing that as well. No rest for the weary....
Mom is plugging along. She's still having problems with that woman at work and is seriously considering going to HR since local management doesn't seem to want to deal with the problem. She doesn't want to do it though, since she doesn't like to make waves and it's such a hassle. Why can't people just do their job, be nice and courteous to co-workers and leave off the drama????
To cheer us up, we went to Lowe's and Home Depot to pick up some vegetable/flower plants that were on sale. We planted them around the yard on a beautiful, warm sunny day and felt really good afterwards. I'm hoping my vegetable garden survives this year as my attempts at container gardening the last few years hasn't panned out. I even planted cucumbers for Kiely, even though I don't really like the taste of them. I'm looking forward to a caprice salad made with warm, fresh tomatoes and basil straight from our garden. Yum...

No comments: